Turkey’s foreign minister said on Saturday that his country would “not give up” on finding out the truth about the murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi inside the kingdom’s consulate in Istanbul.
“We haven’t received any new information or outcome of the investigation from the Saudi side,” Mevlut Cavusoglu said on the sidelines of a conference in Turkish ally Qatar.
“Turkey will not give up on this, we will go to the end.”
Earlier this month, the Turkish foreign minister said Turkey was in talks over a possible United Nations investigation into the October 2 murder, which has provoked global outrage.
The 59-year-old Khashoggi was strangled and his body cut into pieces by a 15-strong Saudi hit squad, according to Turkish officials.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said that the killing was ordered at the highest levels of the Saudi government, although he has repeatedly absolved the King Salman.