French Open director Guy Forget said he was working hand in hand with tennis authorities to make sure the dates of the claycourt Grand Slam tournament and those of the U.S. Open do not clash, adding that Flushing Meadows would make an announcement next month.
The French Open had originally been due to start on Sunday, but the new coronavirus crisis forced organizers to postpone the start to Sept. 20, one week after the scheduled final of the U.S. Open, leading to criticism within the tennis world.
Earlier this month, the French tennis federation said it was in talks with the ATP, WTA and the International Tennis Federation (ITF) over a revised calendar for the season.
Meanwhile, Forget is confident the French Open will be played in good conditions.
France has banned events involving 5,000 or more people until the end of August.