The Armed Forces issued on Wednesday Statement no. 7 on the outcome of “Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018” that was launched on Friday to fight terrorism in North and Central Sinai and other areas in the Nile Delta and the desert areas west of the Nile Valley.
“As part of the “Comprehensive Operation Sinai 2018″ carried out by elements of the Armed Forces, in cooperation with the combat units of the Interior Ministry, anti-terror units continue launching raids targeting terrorist hideouts and arms and ammunition warehouses in northern and central Sinai,” the statement said.
– Air forces destroyed 11 targets used by terrorists.
– Fifteen terrorists were killed during a shoot-out with anti-terror forces.
– Two underground warehouses containing more than 1,500 kg of explosive materials, including C-4 and TNT used in manufacturing explosives, 56 detonators and 13 circuits used to detonate IEDs were destroyed.
– A tunnel and 38 trenches were destroyed in the northern border in North Sinai.
– Some 153 criminal elements and wanted criminals were arrested.
– As many as 181 huts, hideouts and warehouses containing explosives and chemical materials and large quantities of auto spare parts and fuel used by terrorists were destroyed.
– Six vehicles and 17 unlicensed motorbikes were seized and destroyed.
– Sixty-three explosive devices were dismantled.
– Thirteen bango and hashish farms were destroyed and more than 800 kg of narcotics were seized.
The navy forces continue tightening their grip along the coastal area, the statement added.
Combat groups of the Armed Forces and Interior Ministry continue operating 563 security patrols and setting up checkpoints across the nation.
The statement reiterated armed forces and police’s persistence to eradicate the roots of terrorism and achieve security and stability for the great Egyptian people.